Saturday, September 29, 2012

Shooting for $$$

Thanks for all the emails and comments from last week's blog entry.   I know it was a bit controversial, but I had to get it out there.  Again, I have lots of Stage I survivor friends that are awesome, its just the crazy ones seem to find me too.  

Anyway, it's the end of September so it means it's Pink Pigeons time!  Pink Pigeons is a Sporting Clay tournament supporting Breast Cancer - specifically Pink Ribbons Project.  My husband, Clint, and his best buddy, Nathan Bane, came up with the idea and ran with it.  This was the 2nd annual Pink Pigeons Tournament.  There were 44 teams which was a sell out!!!  We raised over $108,000 for breast cancer.  Yes, that is correct!!!  $108,000!!!

I am so proud of my husband and Nathan as well as the Pink Ribbon Project ladies!  Also the supporting sponsors and all the shooters were just incredible...we couldn't have done it without them of course.  Here's some pics from the event!


Me and Clint being interviewed for a TV spot


My friend Georgette Jacob shooting with Matt looking on



My friend Michelle Norman hanging out with the gang and watching




Some guy with his tricked out Ranger...it was crazy!




So it will be 8 weeks since my surgery on Monday.  I'm really starting to feel good.  I started working out today and it's been way too long.  I finally went out and bought myself a pilates machine instead of paying out the rear for the lessons at a gym or studio.  Had a blast but I'm sore.  I'm gonna try to run tomorrow morning.  

Mentally, I'm really doing better than I was a couple of weeks ago.  Back then, I was struggling to get back in my "groove".  I don't think I was "depressed" just didn't know how to go about getting on with the rest of my life.  I think I was just mentally exhausted and just wanted to lie low for a while.  I'm still a little tired, but definitely making a come back.  I really thought I would mentally come out the surgery with a vengance.  I feel like its been more like a whimper.  I guess that's OK.  It's been good for me to get back to work and it was really good for me to get my hair colored.  YES!  it's now a golden blond color.  I LOVE IT!!! It's amazing how something so simple like hair color can bring me back to life.  It really is the little things.  Or maybe I just enjoy the little things a lot more these days. 

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete