Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Houston, We Have Boobs!

It's been 48 hours since my Reconstruction surgery and all I have to say is WOW!  Over the last 6 months, I've looked at a lot of before and after reconstruction images online - I wasn't expecting much because of what I saw.  I am just amazed at what Dr. Schusterman did for me.  It's beyond what I ever imagined - woohoo!  Many of you have asked what size I got.  He placed a 700cc silicone implant in my left mastectomy breast (no breast tissue left on that side) and a 350 cc silicone implant in my right breast.  I'm not in very much pain.  I have been taking pain medication but stopped taking it this morning because I have been feeling so good.  I'm a little sore this afternoon, but nothing I can't handle.  I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the week and make sure I heal up really well.  Otherwise, I really will be rocking my rack with "Team Rock your Rack" at the Komen walk this October 1.  LOL!


My parents came into town to help Clint look after me.  Mom even got to give me a ride to the Komen Survivor Party last night at the Houstonian.  I was determined to go since I was a model in the Western Wear Fashion Show.  Me and mom had a really good time.  I got to introduce her to many of my breast cancer survivor friends and she met other ladies her age that were survivors.  I have included a few pictures below of the Survivor Party.  I also have included a pic of a HUGE rat that Clint caught on our backyard fence.  A old dilapidated house two doors down was torn down about a month ago and we have had a problem with rats ever since.  They haven't gotten in the house that we know of, but they have been traveling back and forth across the fences and power lines in the back yard.  YUCK!!!




2 comments:

  1. So glad it went well! Been praying for you guys. Love keeping up with you! Oh, and that thing is GROSS! I bet your house is safe - they would never find a reason to stay in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Rachel...I can't believe you are out partying 2 days after reconstruction...you are my hero! You look awesome in the pics...and so do the boobs! :) So glad you are doing so well! That gives me so much hope! My surgery is scheduled for Aug 19, couldn't do it sooner like I hoped b/c I waited so long to decide & had to coordinate between the Drs. But that's fine...BTW tell Clint nice job being the protector of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete