Sunday, October 23, 2011

Celebrate your Princess!

Well, obviously it's that time of year...Breast cancer awareness month.  I've been participating in various activities and parties, but one of my favorites is "Celebrate your Princess" walk out in Fulshear at Cross Creek Ranch.  Last year I was an honoree and it was so much fun.  This year my Aunt Mary who is a two time cancer survivor was honored.  Yay!  Unfortunately, I got hit with a really horrible stomach bug and couldn't make the event.  I wanted to include a pic from the event anyway since I'm so proud of my aunt.






Earlier in the week, me and Clint got to go to dinner with our friends Laurie Earls and Charlene Hamburger before they flew back to Sacramento.  Laurie finished up her radiation and was cleared to go back home for a nice break.  Before they left, we got to celebrate that I finally mailed off the paperwork to the IRS for my non profit status for Suites of Hope - one step closer to getting this thing going.  Hopefully I will hear back in about 6 weeks if I was approved.  Laurie and Charlene's friend designed a logo for us too!  I have already posted in on Facebook, but will post it here for those of you who aren't Facebook people.  



I already miss Laurie and Charlene, but I'm so thrilled that she finally got to go home.  Laurie has been here in Houston since January.  Please pray that her new treatment works and shrinks her tumors, especially the one on her brain stem - she is having trouble with one of her eyes because of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment