Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pink Pigeons!

The first annual Pink Pigeons Sporting Clay Tournament supporting Pink Ribbons Project was a HUGE success!  We had about 160 shooters/32 teams for the day and ended up raising $55,000 (not including the "in kind" donations!).  WOW!  I was so amazed by all the hard work that my husband Clint, Nathan Bane, and the rest of the Pink Pigeons Committee did to make it such a huge success.  We actually had people asking how they could be sponsors next year!  Clint's already said his goal next year is to surpass $100,000.  I'm thinking that's an attainable goal.  We had absolutely perfect weather for the shoot and the whole event went very smoothly.  I was just so bummed that I couldn't shoot because of my port on the ride side of my chest/shoulder.  Maybe I can practice left handed and shoot next year.


Here's some pics from the event:


Me, Susan Rafte, and Babs




My friend, Melanie, taking aim at a pink pigeon!



The really cool pink sporting clays!  Thanks Nathan for getting them!




Melanie and her husband




My friend, Michelle, and her husband, John



John shooting at a pink pigeon.  I think he missed this one.




Our friends, Tobin and Joey, shooting their guns





Clint and Matt Doan.  Thanks, Matt for being a sponsor!



If some of you think Clint looks a little different...he has lost 35 lbs in the last few months!  He looks so amazing.  He has five more pounds to lose to reach his goal and he wants to do it by his birthday - October 26.  I'm just so proud of him.  P90X and "My Fitness Pal" app for the iphone.  

Well, I gotta cut this short.  I had so much more to talk about but I'm exhausted from a busy weekend - Komen walk yesterday and I ran 7 miles today at the park!  I'm also leaving town early tomorrow morning for the UCB National Meeting in Orlando.  Woohoo!  As long as we don't have to make a flag or shoot a video at Universal, I'll be fine (remember that crazy meeting, my BMS peeps?).  Looking forward to seeing my UCB friends in Orlando.

2 comments:

  1. Miss you. Say Hi to all my UCB friends! Work hard and have fun
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stay away from making videos! That just made me laugh! I think it was a career limiting move! Have fun!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete