Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving just FLEW by!!!

Well, Thanksgiving came and went in the blink of an eye!  I had such a great time visiting with friends and family and just enjoying my great scan results.  


It all started with a fun dinner out with our friends Les and Ann at El Tiempo.  I think that is my favorite place to celebrate good news!




Thanksgiving day started bright and early with me doing the Turkey Trot down in the Galleria and Clint coming along for moral support.  I actually did the 10k this year in preparation for my half marathon.  I did great and had a lot of fun.  

After that, we packed up and headed to College Station for some good ole Aggie tailgating and the A&M/UT game.  Let's just say the game was really a stinker, but we still had a really good time.  I haven't been to a game in years and I almost forgot how amazing AggieLand is on game day.   I really miss the good ole days!  Here's some pics.

Parsons mounted Calvary - they were right next to where we tailgated!



Our hosts and Clint tailgating!  Thanks to Cameron for the tailgate party.



The Aggie band marching in



Clint and friends!



Me and Clint - his orange shirt is so UGLY!!!


I had some pictures of Coach Sherman and the football team marching in but who wants to see pics of our ex coach.  DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

The next day we drove down to our little ranch near Sequin for a quiet weekend.  Clint's parents joined us out there for the day on Saturday.  It was so nice to get some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Houston.  We even heard coyotes howling at night.  Yikes!  One night me and Clint went out to a deer blind to hog hunt (we have tons of hogs on the property and they are tearing everything up).    This was my first time to ever be in a deer stand!  Woohoo!  It was so exciting I actually fell asleep about 15 minutes after we got in it...and it was only about 9:30pm.  I'm becoming such a snoozer.  At least Clint couldn't complain about me being noisy and driving the hogs away. 

So now I'm back here in Houston preparing to go to Vegas tomorrow for a fun filled weekend with some girlfriends and a little half marathon on Sunday night.  Am I ready for 13.1 miles in the cold Vegas night?  Ummmmmmm...not really but we will definitely have fun trying!  We are booked for a couple of nice evenings at good restaurants and Friday night we have tickets to see the Jaberwakeez (go ahead and laugh, I know you want to).  I just can't go to a Cirque de Soliel show.  I will fall asleep in record time.  

I come back home Monday night and get to have my liver biopsy on Tuesday at noon!  Exciting!  Before the biopsy, a camera crew and reporter from a local news station will be interviewing me for a news story.  I can't tell you about it yet, but it's BIG...I think.  We'll see what comes of it.  Supposedly if all goes to plan, the story will air next Wednesday night.  I will get back with you on Tuesday about the details.  Don't want to spoil the surprise.  

Well, I'm signing off for the evening.  Wish me luck in VEGAS!  



1 comment:

  1. great update. jealous of your Aggie Land visit. but my question is...where is the rest of clint? i can only see half of him in all these pictures?! ;)

    ReplyDelete